ITRE has scheduled several classes for July through September that includes beginner to advanced level GIS classes. These classes will be held at the ITRE training center located on the Centennial Campus of NC State University in Raleigh.
All classes can be used for education points toward getting or maintaining the GISP certification from the GIS Certification Institute. Many other professional certifications and licenses also allow them to be used a continuing education credits. Please make sure to verify with the appropriate certification or licensing body.
- ArcGIS Basics – July 23 – ITRE, Raleigh NC – 6 seats remain – Beginner class for anyone that is looking to gain a very basic understanding of GIS and ArcGIS.
- ModelBuilder Basics – July 24 – ITRE, Raleigh NC – Intermediate class for ArcGIS users that wish to learn how to use ModelBuilder to automate, standardize, and document processes
- Intermediate ModelBuilder – July 25 – ITRE, Raleigh NC – Advanced class for those with limited ModelBuilder experience looking to learn advanced techniques such as iteration and error trapping.
- Introduction to Python Basics for ArcGIS – Sept 16-17 – ITRE, Raleigh NC – 7 seats remain – Intermediate class for those with experience using ArcGIS for Desktop that wish to begin learning how to create automation scripts using Python. No programming experience is required for this class though it does help.
- Intermediate Python for ArcGIS – Sept 18 – ITRE, Raleigh NC – 8 seats remain – Intermediate to advanced class for those with some experience creating python scripts for ArcGIS. Students will learn how to select, insert and update data, create graphs, and work with raster data using Python.
- Advanced Python for ArcGIS – Sept 19 – ITRE, Raleigh NC – 8 seats remain – Advanced course for those with experience creating python scripts that want to take it to the next level. students will learn how to manage SDE geodatabase using Python Scripts and creating add-ins for ArcGIS Desktop with Python.
- Python Bundle (includes all three at 10% discount) – Sept 16-19 – ITRE, Raleigh NC
For questions regarding these classes please contact Linda Bogart at firstname.lastname@example.org.